This is document will be kept up to date. Things will be added to as things come up. Edits will be made if circumstances change.
- I do not accept advertising.
- I will not allow a comment that disparages women, men, minority groups, or homosexuals (or anyone else for that matter). I will not allow xenophobic or racist comments on the site.
- I try to buy a lot of what I review, but will accept review samples.
- If I do accept a review sample, I will disclose it at the beginning of the article.
- When I visit a distillery or whiskey event, I pay for my ticket and take the same tours everyone else can. If this is ever not the case, such as a Media Event or a “Sneak Peak,” I will disclose that fact at the beginning of the article. This does not mean I won't set up a private tour/visit if the distillery agrees and it will make a good article.
- There are spirits industry people who I consider friends. If I ever review one of their products, I will disclose that fact at the beginning of the article.
- Beyond the sample policy above, I do not accept trips, gifts, or other compensation in return for posts or reviews.
- Though I try very hard to get my facts straight, errors happen. If I make a factual error in an article, I will happily update it if notified and will make note of the change at the end of the article.
- In return for the above, I ask that you respect the license that the reviews/posts/images were released under. I release all works on this site under a creative commons license unless otherwise noted. This means you are basically free to do whatever you want with them provided you do two things: use it for non-commercial purposes and give credit back to the site/leave on the watermark. Commercial uses are anything that make money such as a blog that accepts advertising or a presentation that people pay to attend, etc. If you want to use it for purposes outside the license, just send me an email and we'll work something out. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/
If you have any questions, click the contact icons in the main navigation to get a hold of me via email or your favorite social medium.